Friday, September 7, 2012

Moments In Time

     A ray of sun shines it's bright light through the leaves of an oak tree. She squints and looks down. Her feet move slowly, each step makes a crisp sound as the foot lands on withered leaves. And in between each step, a moment of silence. There is a breeze, gently blowing through the trees. Strains of hair dances across her face, partly covering her eyes. What is she looking at? It's hard to tell. There is a smile on her face, a subtle gesture of appreciation perhaps.
     I've always been fascinated by details. They form the basis for everything bigger and one should never underestimate the power they can have, both in design and other areas of life. Exploring the details of a single leaf can sometimes be more rewarding than looking at a whole forest. When I think of a memory, I think of the moments it consisted of and from there, begin to think of the memory as a whole. Details are more important to me than larger settings because I feel they can contain more information, especially such as personal thoughts and associations. The reason for this is that I connect more with single objects or experiences than I do with general situations. Certain smells, gestures, objects, people or words may evoke my memories and these are all parts, details, that make up both my past and present and link them together. I strive to be present and aware in my everyday, so that I can cherish as much as possible, as fully as possible.





All photos by me except the last one (credit: Mom)


No comments:

Post a Comment